[sudo-discuss] Unabridged Newspeak Dictionary

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 23:49:03 PST 2015

Hi Torrie,

With good intention I downloaded and installed the Chrome extension so that
I could check it out and possible give you some feedback.

Well, when reading the extension information I was quickly shocked that the
example shown says that the word "Terrorists" gets replaced by the phrase
"The Nation of Eastasia".

That is a big turn off for me, because at least in my mind it implies that
all people in East Asia are terrorists. And that is a very awful thing to
say or support.

I deleted the extension.

Daniel

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Torrie Fischer <tdfischer at hackerbots.net>
wrote:

> Hi, Sudo Room.
>
> I've been super frustrated at world events lately, what with the US
> government
> labelling everyone a terrorist, the NSA being so pervasive, and white
> protestant males excusing other white protestant males for shooting up
> planned
> parenthoods and such.
>
> So here's a chrome extension I threw together that helpfully translates the
> web using The Unabridged Newspeak Dictionary:
>

> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-unabridged-newspeak-d/fiillclgkojaejeldlncpijkdmajhcph
>
> Feedback and additions are welcome. Please share :)

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate