[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Anyone who can open the door at the Omni?

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:18:55 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 8:16 AM, joseph liesner <blue393 at lmi.net> wrote:
> Robb said yesterday that his cardkey was not working.
> I'm sure our crakerjack team of hackers will right the
> problem ASAP so I am requesting that a time and date
> be arranged for making cardkeys for those of us w/o them.
> I was told one could make their own by swiping a card
> three times and then telling Jenny immediately.  Is that close
> to an actual process?

That is pretty much the process, yes. The "official" place to send
card requests is the sysadmins list:

   sysadmins at lists.omnicommons.org

But when talking to people in person it's often just easier to say
"tell me" because then you don't have to spell another email address
outloud. Sometimes in an attempt to make the conversation go faster
I've told people to email keys at omnicommons.org or
cards at omnicommons.org because we have an email system which catches
everythingelse at omnicommons.org so they all go to the same list pretty
much, and a lot of the same people read that list. But I guess that's
the kind of thing which makes things more confusing in an attempt to
be less confusing.