[sudo-discuss] Nerds for Nature Summit [Oct 17]

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:17:59 PDT 2015

fyi..

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nerds-for-nature-summit-tickets-18110605308

Nerd for Nature's <http://nerdsfornature.org/> mission is to bring together
technologists and environmental professionals to collaboratively build
awesome tools that help us understand, protect, and revive the natural
world.

We launched in 2013 to a sold-out crowd. We mind mapped
<http://blog.nerdsfornature.org/post/46177287870/nerds-for-nature-mind-map>
and discovered a whole community of nature nerds eager to learn,
collaborate, and build. Since then we’ve bioblitzed
<http://blog.nerdsfornature.org/post/51050945065/mclaren-bioblitz-success>,
monitored
landscape changes <http://nerdsfornature.org/monitor-change/>, deployed drones
for science
<http://blog.nerdsfornature.org/post/98202275419/prototyping-our-future>,
measured
air quality, and more. Recently we expanded to include Nerds for Nature:
Silicon Valley. Now we want your help to envision the next chapter in Nerds
for Nature.

Join us for an interactive, social evening full of interesting people
sharing ideas for what creative tech and design can do for the
environmental movement.

We’ll kick things off with several lightning talks about successful Nerds
collaborations. We’ll then work together to create our next mind map! The
more ideas, suggestions, and creativity the better.

Whether you’ve been with us for awhile or this will be your first event --
we’re excited to hear from you!

*Location:* Manylabs,1086 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94103
*Time:* 3pm-5pm / doors open at 2:30pm and there'll be time for mingling
afterward

Please sign up for the waiting list, even if the tickets sell out! And if
you’ve RSVP’d but cannot attend, please remove your name so that someone
else may take your spot.