[sudo-discuss] Internet Archive event: Building Libraries Together

Vicky Knox vknoxsironi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:11:49 PDT 2015

You're invited to a giant party at the Internet Archive!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
300 Funston Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94118

Register here:
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/building-libraries-together-tickets-18896247184

~~

BUILDING LIBRARIES TOGETHER: Celebrating the Passionate People Building the
Internet Archive

   - 6 p.m. Reception & Hands-On Demos
   - 7 p.m. Program begins

Come honor our partners--the hackers and historians making amazing things
with the Internet Archive’s collections. And we’ll present the first Internet
Archive Hero Award to the Grateful Dead--Pioneers in Sharing

Come try these Hands-on Demos:

   - SCAN a book with our next generation Scribe
   - LISTEN to a vintage recording
   - EXPLORE political TV ads and funny films
   - PLAY a 3-D video game with the Oculus Rift
   - VIEW Grateful Dead memorabilia
   - ENJOY free food, drink and music!

PLEASE JOIN US FOR the Internet Archive’s Biggest Event of the Year!