[sudo-discuss] Fwd: RIP Jeremiah Young -- poem

johanna faust female.faust at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 17:22:19 PDT 2015

in case you missed it

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: johanna faust <female.faust at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: [sudo-discuss] RIP Jeremiah Young
To: Jake <jake at spaz.org>

i was just meditating on that symbol, wondering about the eights.  it might
even have been on the evening of the sixth, or seventh.  thank you
jeremiah. well said.

hope you found yours.

hope i find mine.

*to jeremiah, who died just before we met, i think*

a friend of a friend

upon whom did depend

all manner of things now set free

a few days ago through

 some people i know

wrote some words that managed to reach me

after he died, after he died

between that moment and this one he died

everything strange no doubt rearranged

but how could it be, to me

how is it this way for me?

that each separate word nevermore to be heard

as should be, said by him, properly

now only in silence

in the mind of a stranger

speaks

as soon enough mine will,

for me.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> My friend died!  This is how it goes.
>
> this is a post he made on October 5th.  What does it mean?  I don't know.
>

> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205260075765654&set=a.2203583013318.2108902.1359634060&type=3
>
> Jeremiah Young
> October 5 at 9:53am
>
> Eight. A pair of squares. Eight is two times two times two, and as such is
> the first cubic number after one. As the number of vertices of a cube or
> faces of its dual, the octahedron, eight is complete. At the molecular
> level this is displayed by atoms, which long to have a full octave of eight
> electrons in their outermost shell. A sulphur atom has six electrons in
> their outermost shell, so eight atoms get together to share electrons,
> forming an octagonal sulphur ring. Eight is also the next Fibonacci number
> after five. Within architecture the octogon often signifies the transition
> between Heaven and Earth, as a bridge between the square and the circle. A
> spherical dome often surmounts a cubic structure by way of a beautiful
> octagonal vault. Eight is particularly revered in the religion and
> mythology of the orient. The ancient Chinese oracle, the I-Ching, is based
> on combinations of eight trigrams, each the result of a twofold choice
> between a broken (yin) or an unbroken (yang) line, made three times.
> Depicted opposite is the 'Former Heaven Sequence', said to represent the
> ideal pattern of transformations in the cosmos. Notice how each trigram is
> the complement of its opposite. Echoing these ancient Chinese pairs, the
> modern world is full of computers which think in units called 'bytes', each
> made of eight binary 'bits'. In a seven-tone scale the eighth note is the
> octave, twice the pitch of the first note, and so signals the movement to a
> new level. This may be why, in religious symbolism, the eighth step is
> often associated with spiritual evolution or salvation.

*Be seeing you.*

--
*Be seeing you.*