[sudo-discuss] frontdoor malfunctioning

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Oct 17 17:53:46 PDT 2015

the battery should be 13.8VDC

the AC adaptor that powers the battery from the wall power should be
making 13.8VDC.  Is it getting AC power?  Check both ends of the cord.
Replace the cord.  Unplug the adaptor from the battery and try again, see
if it puts anything out.

If you connect a 12V power supply to it, it will work for now but it takes
13.8V to charge a battery.  If the adaptor is dead tell me and i will
bring another one.

In the meantime, please connect a 12v power supply across the battery and
then everything will be fine.  If you were on IRC you would see that the
voltage has been steadily dropping since the charger died.

-jake