[sudo-discuss] IDEA: How to bring bits of money to Omni. Easy Way.

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 23:54:50 PDT 2015

Hello All!

Straight to the point:

Instead of going to buy a new/used piece of furniture or whatever item from
a store, one should ask in their Collecive and or the Omni email list(s).
So if a member has it, then the two parties involved will decide the amount
of money that the person receiving the item should donate to Omni. This
idea is not inclusive to items, it could include services.

For example (a real example): I am going in a trip for 11 days (Nov 3 -
11), and I have no place to park my car for that length of time.
If I use the parking lot at the airport, it will cost me $18 a day making
it a total of $198 plus tax. But, I would be happier if someone in the list
living near BART would allow me to park in their driveway or similar; from
anywhere in Richmond to North Oakland, or from SF to the SF Airport so that
I would donate $50 to Omni.

The person doing the monetary donation could do it in person or use the any
of these methods online: https://omnicommons.org/donate.html

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks for reading this email.

Daniel
p.s. i will send another email with my real #ISO request as an example of
what I mean, and perhaps I get some replies.

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate