[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] IDEA: How to bring bits of money to Omni. Easy Way.

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:16:15 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Adam <adam at aperture.systems> wrote:

> Honestly, it would be very easy for an organisation like the omni to
solicit corporate donations, and philanthropic grants from fortunate
individuals.

> Why we don't do this is beyond my understanding.

We do, but not as openly and intensively as we could. There's a Donate
button on the front page,  and the big bold "Next we buy the building" on
the front page links to the Donate page as well.

Anything beyond that takes sustained personal effort: writing grants,
networking, attending events where we can talk with potential donors,  etc.

That is exactly what the fundraising working group is doing. We just need
to be doing more of it,  which means more people attending the fundraising
wg, and putting personal effort into all of these angles.

Adam - if you are particularly good at doing this kind of networking (not
everybody is!), I'm sure the fundraising wg would appreciate your help...

Patrik