[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] finance-wg report back

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:50:14 PDT 2015

Good question - thankfully the answer is no, BYOB shouldn't affect 'private
event' status, provided no one present exchanges such booze for any sort of
in-kind contribution (donation, ticket/token, $, getting in for free, etc).

Just a reminder but given the limits of our current insurance policy
(unless it has changed?), technically speaking for BYOB you would still
want to get a seperate one-off event insurance policy for that date that
includes alcohol coverage - but the whole insurance thing is a seperate
issue from whether it counts as a 'private event'.