[sudo-discuss] [sudo-info] GoDaddy Renewal Notice

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 00:02:12 PDT 2015

About an hour ago I sent a tweet to Jacob. I hope it helps.:

"*@danarauz* ‏@DANARAUZ  <https://twitter.com/DANARAUZ> 55m
<https://twitter.com/DANARAUZ/status/638592612551651328>
55 minutes ago <https://twitter.com/DANARAUZ/status/638592612551651328>
@JacobShiach <https://twitter.com/JacobShiach> we @sudoroom
<https://twitter.com/sudoroom> would like hear from you. Please contact us.
Or provide us an email where to contact you. Many thanks in advance."

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Alice Rosenthal <
beehappysolutions at gmail.com> wrote:

> Be careful,  If you don’t file your statements with the city correctly or
> in a timely manner or ignore their notices - they will send you a bill for
> estimated income you should be making and then they fine you when you don’t
> pay the minimum $2700 a year in advance.
>
> Just a warning from some one who did $500 worth of work (a real low ball
> bid based on all sorts of promises for additional work that never
> materialized) in the City of Oakland for the City of Oakland and then was
> charged $2700 in taxes because they estimated what they thought I should
> have earned in their city.  It took 3 years to resolve - and that guy (a
> supervisor) has left his job so you may not have anyone as enlightened to
> work with if you have a similar problem.
>

> On Aug 30, 2015, at 12:51 AM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Cere Misc <cere.misc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I never met Eddan but he friended me on fb.  I'll help pester him.
>>

> Wait no! There's a lot of confusion here. A DBA is NOT a business license
> and there is no reason to involve Eddan.
>
> A business license is something you get from the city. It's just a way for
> them to extract a fee and put you in the database of people who have to pay
> the 1% city of oakland business tax. Someone needs to go to the right
> bureaucratic office in Oakland and register us and pay the fee. Then we
> need to tell them that we're a 501c3 (when that actually happens) so we can
> escape the 1% tax.
>
> --
> marc/juul

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate