[sudo-discuss] Domain Name: sudoroom.org

J Clark hello at sl-co.com
Thu Sep 3 14:24:19 PDT 2015

Jake,

I sent a note to the discuss list a week or so ago with links and
amounts needed, to hopefully make this easy. The bottom line: get it
started ASAP because it takes a month or so to complete.

And Patrik, yes CCL will need to do this too. In fact every group at
Omni that takes money (members, rent, selling stuff) will need to do it.

  judi

-------- My prior note --------

A business license is something you apply for at the City of Oakland.
Straightforward process, requires filing a form and paying a $60 fee,
then running a notice in a local (authorized) printed newspaper for some
number of days, then the City sends you a paper saying you're licensed
to do business. You should have one already (within 30 days of starting
your business).

http://oaklandbusinesscenter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=63&Itemid=59
or PDF online:
http://www.oaklandnet.com/government/fwawebsite/revenue/revenue_newbiaapp.htm

If you file the papers with the City then wait a couple of days before
doing the posting in, say, the Oakland Tribune (for something like
$70?), some other outfit will send a postcard advertising the same
service for closer to $35 or $40. I used them last time I filed and it
worked just fine.

Note that this will also tick the box that tells the City to send
business tax notices too.