[sudo-discuss] sudoroom precision CNC machine

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Sep 5 12:16:37 PDT 2015

Yes I will be there too on tuesday.  The other CNC mill is on permanent
loan, and we can do whatever we want to it, however I recommend against
putting too much effort into it because it is such an extremely cheap
thing that you might be wasting your time.

its bed has a number of threaded holes (6-32 thread) so clamps/holders can
just be things with holes in them, and a better assortment of various
length 6/32 screws, or pieces of 6-32 threaded rod, washers, and nuts or
wingnuts.

If you have energy to improve CNC machines it will go much further with
the nice one (which is located in the center of the room, on the border
between CCL and sudoroom) or perhaps even on the giant robot, which is
actually a CNC machine itself in the sense that you can give it a job in
XYZ coordinates (g-code through a converter) and it can weild whatever
tools you mount on its hand.

-jake