[sudo-discuss] help this guy with his quantum fountain art project

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sun Sep 13 20:16:21 PDT 2015

seems legit.

anyone interested in helping this guy?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 19:56:45 -0700
From: Leo Madrid <leomadrid at gmail.com>
To: jake at spaz.org

Hello Jake,

I retrieved your email address from the Sudo Room website. I'm in kind of a bind on an art project and am seeking some hacking assistance. I'm an artist, curator,
consciousness researcher and novice inventor with a few designs for works of art that include quantum digital signal processing (electron tunneling).

The signal emanates from a devise called a Random Event Generator and I need to use this signal to control a water pump with a digital controller (photos attached). The REG
data is collected on an EEPC running Windows XP. I have the SDK for the REG and have installed the API and other files suggested by the manufacturer. All seems to be well
with the PC and I am able to read and collect data, but for some reason I can't allocate a Com Port to an external devise and it will not recognize either of my controllers.
Our challenge now is to create a pass-through ​signal
​from the PC to the pump via one of our controllers. I have a custom sensor controller that has an Arduino and Linix system computer combined on the same circuit board as
well as a Raspberry Pi.

My question is this; would it be possible to connect with you or another someone who is versed with this technology to help walk me though the setup? I know there is a
HardwareHackNight on Tuesday but unfortunately I'm scheduled to work, but you can count on seeing me at future nights. I would be happy to come there any time but Tuesday
night, or someone could come to my shop in West Oakland. I don't have a lot of money but if we could solve this issue I would be happy to make a donation to the Sudo Room or
pay a consulting fee to whomever was of assistance. ​The exhibit we're preparing for is this Sunday and were planning on having the fountain up and running by Thursday. I'm
confident that a person with the right skill-set could figure out this obstacle in just a few h​ours.

Our project has recently gained the attention of local News as well as one of our team members being recently interviewed by the BBC. ​With success, we may get a followup
feature story with the BBC.
​With success, we'll be making art and technological history. Any response would be appreciated.

Leo Madrid
Curatorial Director
The P.e.a.c.e. Museum

People