[sudo-discuss] Becoming Omni schedule and tentative agenda

Laura Turiano scylla at riseup.net
Tue Sep 15 20:47:47 PDT 2015

Friends,

Thank you to everyone  who filled out the survey on the meeting schedule
for Becoming Omni. Results show that meeting on 3 consecutive Sundays is
the first or second choice of most people, and no one put it as their
last choice. Given that, the schedule for the 3 workshops and tentative
agenda will be:

*Sunday, October 4*
10am - 1pm: Introductions to each other and the process/agenda; What is
the purpose of the Omni Commons?
1-2: Lunch
2-6 or 7: What values are we all holding in our work at the Omni
Commons?; What are our current patterns of working together and what
changes can we make to improve them?; What do we want to see going on or
in place in 3 years as a result of our actions? In other words, what is
our vision?

*Sunday, October 11*
10am - 1pm: Introductions; review of the process/agenda; review of what
we accomplished on the 4th; What is blocking us from achieving our
vision. In other words, what are the underlying contradictions?
1-2: Lunch
2-6 or 7: How do structures of oppression reinforce the underlying
contradictions, and how might anti-oppression work help overcome them?
What can we do to deal with the contradictions and realize our vision?
What do we need from each other to be able to be successful?

*Sunday, October 18*
10am - 6pm: Introductions; review of the process/agenda; review of what
we accomplished on the 4th and 11th; some elements will need to be
decided when we know the outcomes of the previous workshops, but most of
this day will be developing the concrete actions we need to take to
achieve our vision, and making a work plan on a time line.

Hopefully, we can complete all this on schedule. If not, the work plan
can be finished afterwards in separate meetings with the collectives and
working groups.

We will work on having remote participation, probably through Google
Hangouts. While participating remotely is better than not participating,
it can't completely replace actually being in the room. Let us know if
you would like to help with this. We are also planning for childcare.

The next meeting of the design team is this Sunday the 20th, 3-6pm.
Please join us if you want to help organize the 3 workshops.

If you are unable to attend all the workshops, but can choose which to
attend, the first day is the most important as it sets the foundations
for the rest of the work. That said, if possible, please try to attend
all 3.

Please forward this to your collective!

Love,
Your facilitation team