[sudo-discuss] what is our vision of SudoRoom & oakland: 1 year, 2 years, 5 years from now?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Sep 26 15:45:31 PDT 2015

I have a lot of visions for sudoroom, but the easiest to think of on
prompt are technical ones:

working vending machines full of tech and body goodies
a VOIP telephone that rings when people are outside wanting to be let in
a screen on the wall (with a keyboard attached) that's always in IRC
a portion of the room dedicated to organized storage of electronic parts
safe and functional electric power tools (including fucking drills)
at least one working 3d printer at all times
at least one (hopefully three including the robot) good CNC machines
rapid circuitboard fabrication toolchain
a tamper-proof (keyboards nailed down) pair-programming station
at least one working paper printer at all times (easily located :)
wall-mounted video portal to other hackerspaces
a telepresence robot that can go up and down stairs (working on it)
a streamlined membership process, with reliable dues-nagging
more regularly scheduled weekly events!  even if informal (like tues)
a webpage that lets you observe the current sound/noise level in the room,
and the status of the lights (on or off) and possibly control them :)

what did i forget?
-jake