[sudo-discuss] air compressor and plasma cutter

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Apr 22 14:27:22 PDT 2016

sudoroom has a nice air compressor.

some pictures here:
http://imgur.com/gallery/QBOG4

here is the manual:
http://www.chpower.com/IMAGES/pdfs/manual00/611301_0504.pdf

I am presently trying to figure out why it leaks air from a valve whose
purpose I don't understand.  In the meantime it is working now.

My friend is offering to lend us a plasma cutter, which is like a welder
but cuts metal instead of welding it together.  It uses electricity and
compressed air, and when we attach the business end to the robot, we will
be able to cut precise shapes out of steel of significant thickness,
making the laser cutter very jealous.

can someone print out the air compressor manual (PDF link above) and
perhaps put it in a binder so it doesn't get grimy?  We can attach it to
the compressor somehow.

-jake