[sudo-discuss] pcb etching materials

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Aug 29 16:46:25 PDT 2016

this is the first i've heard of your idea.  I would love to help etch
boards for kits at sudoroom.

i have never done the photoresist method with circuitboards but I bet that
pre-coated boards like ours which are probably ten or more years old are
NOT going to work.  that would be my first guess.  second, i don't see any
good reason to etch them with photoresist, we have much more DIY-friendly
methods available in sudoroom.

for example the "Toner Transfer method" which is why I have gathered a
stack of glossy magazine pages in the drawer with the PCB supplies.
You can read all about that method on the internet, i've used it and it
works fine, although the devil is in the details.  If you want to try it I
will certainly help.

And the toner transfer method is exactly what we should be doing to make
use of flat blank circuitboards which we have tons of.  Alternately we can
use the CNC machine attached to the computer near the bigTV to carve
boards like seen in the leftmost of the following pictures:

https://groups.csail.mit.edu/drl/wiki/images/2/2c/ATM0PCB0-three-ways-med.jpg

all three are the same circuit but the leftmost method achieves results
with the least quantity of CNC milling to the board.  also it's beautiful.

Seperately, we can very easily make circuits using pyralux (which I have
plenty of) using our wax printer (which does work) as I did a few weeks
ago, very easily, as described in this album:

http://imgur.com/gallery/TbzsP

quit keeping your project secret and collaborate with me.

-jake