[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] declaration of war...on the rats

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 15:28:20 PST 2016

In the first Omni rat/mouse war, I found the most effective and humane
traps to be the (electrocuting) rat zappers. We bought one a long time ago,
good for about 60 zaps, but it disappeared so far as I know. A bulk order
of these, if affordable, would likely do wonders.

A good thing to do aside from traps would be to plug all holes in Omni
walls / floors / roof larger than a dime. Really, that small. This on the
advice of the plumber who conducts daily skirmishes with rats in the course
of his daily work. Rats also live in rat-caves under the foundation. Where
the foundation has holes or is exposed, should be sealed up.

Hunting for such orifices might be a good group task for the rat brigade.
Spray foam insulation + wiremesh to plug, or drywall & caulk.

Note that rats get up to the roof through the cypress trees, but we
shouldn't top them, or they get permanently out of wack.

Vaya con dios,
Dk