[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] declaration of war...on the rats

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:05:09 PST 2016

Yes, putting fiberglass reinforced panels on the walls in the basement
kitchen would be a good start.

We've actually done a reasonable job closing holes along the outside wall
on Shattuck and 48th. But there's probably gaps in the siding on the South
and West side of the building as well. Plus access via the cypresses and
roof.

Internal walls are still major thoroughfares for rats though. I know there
are/were rodents in the wall between the trash room and CCL, because we
blocked several mouse holes in there. There seems to be access from below
the cabinets in the upstairs kitchen to the area above the entrance
corridor to CCL.

And of course, the entire crawlspace under the building is a giant rat
playground, and connects to the basement kitchen and other areas, as well
as directly to the ballroom.

Patrik