[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Invitation to participate in The Omni Fair

yar yardenack at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 12:25:24 PST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maggie Wong <maggie.g.wong at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM
Subject: [sudo-info] Invitation to participate in The Omni Fair
To: info at sudoroom.org

Hello Sudo Room,

I want to invite you to participate in The Omni Fair on Friday, April
29th. Omni’s Birdhouse Art Collective has the awesome opportunity to
host this event as part of the 8th annual Open Engagement conference.
Open Engagement is an international conference and platform to support
socially engaged art. The conference highlights the work of
transdisciplinary artists, activists, students, scholars, community
members, and organizations.

For this occasion, Birdhouse is hosting an all-day event which we hope
will include an array of interactive booths from the different
collectives to showcase Omni’s interdisciplinary, creative, and
practical endeavors. This event provides a wonderful opportunity for
the Omni member collectives to creatively present their work to not
just the Omni community, but the national and international arts and
activist community attending the Open Engagement conference.

What we want from your collective is what you want to share! We are
looking to create booths for the collectives to show and share their
projects. Each booth should invite audience participation, however you
want to create that interaction. These booths are places for mini
workshops, skill shares, or any other ways you want to engage with the
community. Your booth does not have to be overtly “artistic,” because
creativity is in everything at Omni. And we want to celebrate that
beauty!

Please email me if you have any questions or want to participate!

A Birdhouse member would also be happy to stop by one of your
organizing meetings to discuss the project in more detail.

Thank you for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Maggie Wong and Birdhouse Art Collective