[sudo-discuss] Help Keep Sudo Room Alive!

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Mon Feb 22 01:53:01 PST 2016

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Mari M. <strawberrypilabs at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am (was) a member of Sudo Room but I have specifically stayed away
> because when I tried to come forward and talk about a harassment issue I
> had, I was called names and basically told that my experience with
> harassment ultimately didn't matter by one of your founders.

I suspect you are being less than truthful here.

You email-harassed one of our members after they informed you that they did
not have the time and energy to deal with this issue. Even then they took
the time to inform you about our conflict resolution processes, all the
ways you could address this issue and multiple different people to to
contact about it. You decided not to do so. Our unpaid volunteers have
limited time to deal with conflicts. The two of you took an issue that
started at noisebridge and brought it to sudo room for other people to deal
with. In fact, you showed up at sudo room with this conflict from day one.
We try our best to make a safe space and to resolve conflicts between
members, but you walked in the door trailing a conflict that failed to be
resolved at another hackerspace and then blamed our community for not
dedicating enough of our very limited resources to the conflict.

Further emails from you to this list will be moderated.

--
marc/juul