[sudo-discuss] vending machine #1 nearing operational status

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Feb 27 01:09:23 PST 2016

the black vending machine (closest to the exit sign and bathroom) is
nearly operational.

Thanks to Lesley for helping with the power cord and networking cables!

There is a beaglebone black inside which is on the network, and I am
working on software to get it to be able to dispense whatever we put in
there.

We need a quality combination lock for the thing, so that multiple people
can add goodies to it.

and of course there is a lot of software to write.  At first, you will
only be able to pay using your sudo-humans account, and any money you put
into it.

I am only working on the software for the hardware - making the internal
electronics able to dispense product when the software triggers it.  If
anyone wants to help with that, let me know - it's just arduino C.

Of course if you want to work on it, I will set you up with access codez.

-jake