[sudo-discuss] need M8 bolts for robot

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Feb 29 03:38:11 PST 2016

so there's a robot being built at sudoroom... another one.

it's based on a golf-club bag caddy cart thing I pulled out of the trash
at Shipyard in berkeley.  It's pretty lightweight so it's less likely to
break peoples legs if it goes berzerk, compared with the last mobile robot
i made (MC Hawking) which was based on a really heavy electric wheelchair.

Robb has supplied some awesome batteries, lfp100aha which each need two
bolts to connect to them, M8 thread, and no more than 10mm long threads
with no shoulder.  We have four of them so we need eight bolts.

if you have access to a kit of M8 bolts and can grab eight 10mm long (the
threaded part that is) of them, we need them to proceed with the robot.

it's next to the regular robot arm, which is in its usual spot.  If you
bring the bolts to me or Robb or place them in the hand of the big robot,
that would be awesome.

Also, seeking AI programmers to make this robot work.

thank you

-jake