[sudo-discuss] a warm place to hack

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Jan 7 18:34:24 PST 2016

> i forget, is polyisocyanurate super fire retardant or super flammable?
> would be good to span the 8' without any other support.  otherwise the
> 1.5" styrofoam with 2x2 "studs" should work well.

It appears that it is fire retardant for our purposes, however, if the
balcony under it were to catch fire, and the polyisocyanurate were caught
up in the conflagration, you would want to leave to avoid breathing the
fumes from the superheated polyisocyanurate as they would be toxic.

But I think we should use transparent material for the north and west
sides, so that the space is visually inclusive.  I can bring in
large single-pane windows and we can stick it all together.

-jake