[sudo-discuss] Awesome Foundation Oakland looking for trustees

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:33:37 PST 2016

I've been a trustee of the SF chapter of the Awesome Foundation since it started in the summer of 2010.  Since then we've given a $1,000 grant, no strings attached, to over 60 awesome projects that people have submitted to our website.

There's a new Oakland chapter starting up, and they're looking for trustees.  Here's what's required to be a trustee:

     * a sense of awesome

     * put in $100 per month

     * the ability to read through lots of projects once a month and show up to a meeting to consense upon an awesome project with the other 9 trustees

The Awesome Foundation is not an "official" non-profit.  It's totally anarchy.  There are over 80 Awesome Foundation chapters around the world.  Collectively we've given away $1,875,000 to 1,875 projects since 2010.

http://www.awesomefoundation.org/

If you're interested in being part of the new Oakland Awesome Foundation chapter, please email me off-list.

Best,

Mitch.