[sudo-discuss] development of new wordpress site for omnicommons.org

Matt Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 23:23:45 PDT 2016

Hey all,

I've been working on https://omnicommons.org/blog as a replacement to
omnicommons.org and seeing how far we can go to simplify our lives in that
regard. I'm not married to any of the content, and most of the style. This
theme is selected because it's a really simple mobile-oriented
genesis-based (therefore super-fast-loading) child theme. I'd be down to
style it out a lot or just a little to move us forward.

Events Manager and the ESS feed are not working, so that's got to end. This
is the most promising event plugin I've found so far:
http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?cat=33

I love it! However, the "frontend submit" form plugin (an extension to the
basic eme plugin) leaves something to be desired. See here how we can
customize it a bit:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/events-made-easy-frontend-submit/faq/

Attached is a form template I started working on, but that doesn't quite
implement the drop-down menu for locations properly (locations do not get
successfully saved).

If anyone has bandwidth, I could use a hand fixing up a better custom form
that especially can:

   - Restrict locations to those pre-defined in wordpress and made
   available as a drop-down menu on the front end.
   - Allow for submitting recurring event requests (only single works right
   now as far as I can tell, but the admin event add forms allow for
   recurrence)
   - Adds the additional fields necessary to successfully replace our
   current booking form.

LMK if anyone wants to meet up to hack on this.