[sudo-discuss] VoiP ATA for Omni Payphone

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Mar 17 19:36:48 PDT 2016

Does anyone know whether the Cisco model 186 (or 188) VoIP ATA can do
"autodial" so that we can have the payphone immediately give a voice
prompt menu when people pick up the handset?

We can get a Cisco 186 for $15 on ebay:
www.ebay.com/itm/Cisco-ATA-186-ATA186-Product-ID-ATA186-I1-A-/301900913722

Or does anyone have a VoiP ATA that can do that?  We have an asterisk
system and we need a working ATA that can do that for the payphone outside
of Omni.

We need to set up the payphone instead of the doorbell, so that we can
talk to whomever is at the door rather than just opening the door, in case
it's the cops or building inspectors or whatever.

you may have heard that the Temescal BID and OPD have openly declared
their intention to "shut down the Omni"

so I feel like it's time to start working on our front-door access stuff
again.

Here's a page I found about auto-dial but i don't know if it applies to
asterisk:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9480536/autodial-phone-number-analog-line