[sudo-discuss] Omni Payphone is fixed!

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Mar 23 12:36:51 PDT 2016

yesterday with the help of Peef and a brand-new piece of hardware, the
payphone is working... and automatically goes to a voice menu!

We got a local slam poetry artist to record a message for us, so that when
people pick up the payphone it says "WELCOME TO THE OMNI!  press 1 for
sudoroom, press 2 for CCL... etc" and it will actually work!

once this system is working properly, and we have phones all around, we
can re-wire the doorbell button so it just makes the phone ring, so people
pick up the phone and figure out what to do from there.

please let me know if you want to help setup more phones around the omni,
and help configure the menus in the voicemail.

-jake