[sudo-discuss] 'emergency' mtg tonite re: Omni & protests, 7pm entrance hall

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:20:36 PST 2016

hi all,

ok not really an 'emergency' unless you count the forthcoming
four-year-long state of emergency we're entering into post-Trump -

I would like to get together with anyone who is feeling the rage and
despair against the election outcome, to brainstorm how Omni can best
provide shelter, workspace and solidarity to those presently engaged in the
protests against the insanity of recent events which has ignited the bay
area.

This might mean:

- Making a flyer encouraging activists to use omni for meetings, going to
protests, and handing them out?

- Organizing banner-making sessions, weekly assemblies, etc?

- protest tactics, info sessions?

- generally getting the word out that omni can serve as a site of
interconnection and possible collaboration for various groups of activists
and activated friend groups, etc

- what can member groups supply the effort..? Ideas:

Sudo - (just riffing here):
-- disseminate peoplesopen.net to support protests?
-- fab some drones?

BAPS:
-- classes on community, solidarity, resistance, political philosophy
meeting praxis

others: ?

I am aware of other calls to action and convergences elsewhere, but I
figure we as the omni community at large should also figure out how we
might best make available our resources to the mass effort.

Niki and I will be hosting, we will try to bring some yummy food -- and
super late notice I realize but we figured hell, no time like the present

please come if you can :) and pass the word on -

love & solidarity
David