[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] 'emergency' mtg tonite re: Omni & protests, 7pm entrance hall

Ibalu Dwan ibalu.alba at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:41:50 PST 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for starting this discussion, and for starting to brainstorm ideas
of most effectively use Omni as a resource.
I can't make it this meeting tonight, but I wanted to share an idea.

I personally have been feeling that having a training on how to deal with
aggressive cops (e.g. use of pepper spray or attempts of kenneling) when at
a protest would be fantastic.

Maybe Omni could host a workshop, or we can invite a group from our
networks to do so?
I feel like others might find it useful, especially activists with less
experience like myself. :)

In solidarity,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 2:20 PM, David Keenan <dkeenan44 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> ok not really an 'emergency' unless you count the forthcoming
> four-year-long state of emergency we're entering into post-Trump -
>
> I would like to get together with anyone who is feeling the rage and
> despair against the election outcome, to brainstorm how Omni can best
> provide shelter, workspace and solidarity to those presently engaged in the
> protests against the insanity of recent events which has ignited the bay
> area.
>
> This might mean:
>
> - Making a flyer encouraging activists to use omni for meetings, going to
> protests, and handing them out?
>
> - Organizing banner-making sessions, weekly assemblies, etc?
>
> - protest tactics, info sessions?
>
> - generally getting the word out that omni can serve as a site of
> interconnection and possible collaboration for various groups of activists
> and activated friend groups, etc
>
> - what can member groups supply the effort..? Ideas:
>
> Sudo - (just riffing here):
> -- disseminate peoplesopen.net to support protests?
> -- fab some drones?
>
> BAPS:
> -- classes on community, solidarity, resistance, political philosophy
> meeting praxis
>
> others: ?
>
> I am aware of other calls to action and convergences elsewhere, but I
> figure we as the omni community at large should also figure out how we
> might best make available our resources to the mass effort.
>
> Niki and I will be hosting, we will try to bring some yummy food -- and
> super late notice I realize but we figured hell, no time like the present
>
> please come if you can :) and pass the word on -
>
> love & solidarity
> David

*I**balu Alba *

Social Practice Artivist
M.A. student in Anthropology and Social Change
California Institute of Integral Studies
cell: 443-388-6086

*http://hivemindrevolution.tumblr.com/
<http://hivemindrevolution.tumblr.com/>*