[sudo-discuss] What are your October goals at SudoRoom?

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Sun Oct 2 14:41:18 PDT 2016

I have a small amount of time to drop by SudoRoom and Counter Culture labs this month.

I decided it's would be fun to write some October goals. Here's a picture to boot!

Habitual
- every time I go to SudoRoom and back, leave something creative behind like a drawing
- say hi to everyone and remember we are all creative fun animals - face to face is so nice! And remote will never quite replace that
- See what cool projects other people are working on
- facilitate the creativity between the spaces (especially counter culture labs, sudoroom and then be inspired by the interdisciplinary creativity from folks like Ceremony who are doing a science and art meetup
- get the word out on SudoRoom fundraising

So that's what I've been doing.
But  for longer term projects:

October goals at SudoRoom
- getting ready for Snowboarding - going to SudoRoom to understand how my snowboard is made, understand how to repair things, understand how to fix things if I need to (even if I don't), potentially donate snowboard equipment to SudoRoom for others to use as long as it's not a storage space issue
- Jump start the old accessibility projects - a few years ago I broke my ankle, and had a lively discussion with many Noisebridge and SudoRoom folks about cheaper alternatives to current medical hardware, which tends to be proprietary and overpriced, and even ugly
- somehow start again the Art & MRI project that we had. We had some discussion and it tapered off. I'd like to make a book or something.
- make a few SudoRoom stickers
- see if anyone is doing some kind of virtual reality education project at SudoRoom
- do some kind of iphone or ipad pro project involving accessibility. This is my handicraft by day and I'd rather stick to one thing instead of being distracted by ten million platforms. That being said, there are an amazing amount of accessibility APIs with apple and I want to use that knowledge for good

So everyone, what are your October goals? It's so refreshing seeing old faces again..