[sudo-discuss] Adorable Yorkshire Terrier Available /Adoption

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Oct 6 00:51:17 PDT 2016

Selling dogs and cats is not something I want to have on the sudoroom
discuss list.  It is banned from Craigslist for good reason, because
monetizing cats and dogs based on their "breeding" means that many more
dogs are dumped on the streets because they don't have the right "look",
flooding the shelters with unwanted breeding experiments.

this is also why some cities have made pet stores selling dogs and cats
illegal:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/02/23/bans-on-selling-pets-at-the-pet-store-curbs-support-for-puppy-mills/

there are plenty of dogs and cats at the Society for the Prevention of
Cruelty to Animals, in East Oakland and another one in Berkeley too.  The
streets are "littered" with them.

-jake

craigslist "small adoption fee OK":
https://forums.craigslist.org/?act=sticky&ID=40

if you want to be grossed out, search craigslist "pets" and see people
asking "400 or best offer" for puppies, and then flag them prohibited.