[sudo-discuss] sudo access door

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Thu Oct 27 03:43:18 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 1:35 AM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> I noticed someone swept sudoroom and cleaned up a little bit, and it looks
> nice.
>
> I spent some time tonight moving stuff to the e-waste area and throwing
> out trash and recycling and stuff.
>
> There was a lot of stuff that I was like "how the fuck did this even get
> inside sudoroom?  Someone dumped it on us?
>
> I really look forward to the day when Sudoroom has its own door, that can
> be closed and locked when no members are here.  That way, if someone wants
> to drop off a bunch of garbage that they found down the street in the
> Creative Re-Use dumpster, they will have to explain it to the member who is
> watching out for that stuff - and hopefully the member will be
> discriminating about donations.
>
> Don't get me wrong, we get great donations, and they need sorting and it's
> OK, but we get a lot of junk that doesn't belong, and I can only imagine
> that it's being dropped off when nobody is here to say
> "wait what!??!  NO!!!  take it back to wherever you got it, you can't
> leave that here."
>
> so, what do we think about a door?  I guess it's complicated because there
> are three ways to get into sudoroom.

We definitely want a door. I have all the stuff for it ready to go. Got
delayed because the RFID readers i ordered from china was defective.

The door to stage and basement can be default locked with only a few people
having keys (for now, we can RFID them later if needed). They are not fire
doors.

The door near the bathroom needs a panic bar and an electric strike and an
RFID reader and magnetic card reader and a beagle bone black and a battery
backup and a box to mount it on the wall. We have all of this. Some minor
woodworking will be necessary to install the electric strike.

I haven't tested the new shipment of RFID readers yet.

--
marc/juul