[sudo-discuss] can we implement stuff-org at sudoroom?

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sat Aug 19 09:14:20 PDT 2017

On 19 August 2017 at 09:02, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
> yes someone did but i am still waiting for them to explain how to use it, or
> make a wiki page.

Here is an old page on the Noisebridge wiki, which might help to get
you started.
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Electronic_Parts

>  hopefullu someone will write a way to take pictures with
> phone and seamlessly upload...

Yeah, that feature is missing, and I am happy to accept pull requests
for an upload option.

Right now, all the images need to be manually put in the --imagedir
directory from which they are served readonly.

Also, it would be good to have a little light-box that we can put near
the electronic components section and quickly take pictures from them
which can be better quality than phone images.

> right now all the pictures are the noisebridge logo.

Yes, the Noisebridge logo is the fallback whenever there is no image;
you can change that by changing the file in stuff/static/fallback.png

There are some pictures auto generated, e.g. if you have a type
Resistor and there is no image, it automatically generates an image
with the good old color codes from it e.g.
https://parts.noisebridge.net/form?id=9

-h

> On Sat, 19 Aug 2017, Henner Zeller wrote:
>
>> On 13 August 2017 at 21:13, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Henner wrote this awesome parts organizer web service, and it's running
>>> at
>>> noisebridge (and his house):