[sudo-discuss] Wanting to host a meetup

Charley Sheets rcsheets at acm.org
Sat Feb 4 15:20:13 PST 2017

On Sat, 04 Feb 2017 21:40:02 +0000
Gregg Horton <greggahorton at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've brought up issues around inclusiveness of the space that I felt
> weren't being taken into account and when people have brought that
> up, they have been driven further from the space. Do you not realize
> this? I feel Omni and sudo have done a lot to remedy this which is
> why I'd like to get more involved in the space again.

Hi Gregg. Sounds like there's some history here that I'm not familiar
with, and maybe others on the list also do not know about. I don't know
you, so I'm curious to find out if you're currently a member of Sudo
Room. If so, may I know your sudo-humans handle? If you're not, no
worries!

I'd also like to better understand the concerns you have apparently
expressed in the past regarding inclusiveness and problem remediation.
I'm glad to hear that whatever you felt was wrong has been at least
partly addressed, but did you post those comments to one of the sudo or
omni mailing lists, or somewhere else I can find them? Or perhaps it
would be simpler for you to summarize your concerns, what you feel has
been improved, and the most important improvements you believe still
need to be made.

As far as your meetup proposal, could you explain a little more? What
would a meetup for radical techies be like?

Thanks!
--
Charley Sheets