[sudo-discuss] pick & place machine at sudoroom?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Feb 4 17:26:30 PST 2017

so i bought a pick&place machine, model CHM-T36:

http://spaz.org/~jake/pix/pnp/CHMT36.pdf

here is the manual:
http://spaz.org/~jake/pix/pnp/User%20Manual%20CHMT36.pdf

External Dimension L 960mm* W 705mm* H 335mm
that's pi feet long, by 2.3 feet wide, and 1.1 feet high.

this is a picture:
http://www.charmhigh-tech.com/photo/charmhigh-tech/editor/20160715100749_94154.jpg

here are videos of it in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V4s49N8BbE
https://youtu.be/rdgVAxWno1Q?t=700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZIcvcKUIj4
and a similar machine (mine doesn't have a camera)
https://youtu.be/WQeJ7tz3CkI?t=16

so I want us to talk about whether I can set it up at sudoroom?

I would remove the Juki sewing machine table and make room for this machine
that way.  Anyone is welcome to use it but not to hack it without my
cooperation.

with this machine, we could produce quantities of any electronic product we can
get boards for.  I think it would be worth the space it takes up.

we already have tons of surface-mount electronics and ways to make
circuitboards at sudoroom.

what do people think?
-jake