[sudo-discuss] How do we help SudoRoom become more project-based?

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed Feb 8 16:26:29 PST 2017

Thanks for the realism Cere!

I think contests and hackathons can be fun, but so many of them are heavily
corporate. Is there anything that wouldn't be a big turnoff to hackers?

I guess a non-profit or "for the good of humanity" deal would be cool. I
know when people work on SudoMesh there is a strong "Yeah I'm doing this
for the good of humanity" feeling.

*Porftolio Competition*

   - From time to time we've gotten code bootcamp people wandering around
   our hackrrspace. I would always tell them to update the wiki, find a cool
   project go finish that would benefit the space.

*Feeling Good for Finishing Stuff Reward*

   - For me personally, there comes a reward in finishing off a project
   since it's so hard to finish one in general.

I dunno, good ideas!

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com