[sudo-discuss] [CCLmembers] New Project Nano-materials

Leticia Menchaca lbmenchaca at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 28 20:26:28 PST 2017

Hi Patrick,

A brainstorming session is a great idea! Can you please put it in your
meetup?

No fume hood or any of the sort would be needed, at least not until the
vacuum deposition system is built and functioning.   Chemical etching is
not what I have in mind.

The project of building the vacuum system takes a lot of good building
skills. We are dealing with high voltage, cooling systems, vacuums, turbo,
cryo, etc.  and also machining parts and install sensors and other
electrical gadgets, motors, rotors, detectors, etc.

I wonder if Sudo (?) group would be inclined to collaborate in this kind of
project.
As for the bio aspect, we would use the same protein expression methods you
at CCL are already using.