[sudo-discuss] Oakland/DC Womens' March

hol at gaskill.com hol at gaskill.com
Fri Jan 13 14:50:23 PST 2017

OK I may have stepped into a minefield here without realizing it.  I
want to make a giant banner that says "women's rights = human rights"
with my wife who will be heading to DC to march as a show of force
resisting the imminent Trump administration's planned assault on basic
rights with decades of precedent, and maybe some something I can carry
at the march in Oakland that starts at OG Plaza.

I am not aware of any downside here and I thought it would be good to
make it into a thing with multiple humans working on signs together and
planning.  Does any of the above sound problematic to occur at sudo?

I'll have to get on that list and get a feel for training opportunities
and direct energy there if possible, thanks Jenny!  At this point she is
not even sure how to get plugged in or where marches will be so even
just talking to some folks who are heading to DC and have marched before
would be huge.

Another thing Julio - to turn people like her away at the door for not
meeting specific intersectionality criteria and/or not using the correct
vernacular is not in my opinion conducive to successful cross-cutting
resistance especially at this moment in history.  I know you come from a
good place on this and generally agree so If you can recommend a
specific organization or organizations that will be there in DC please
do share - my DC friends say it's basically going to be a clusterfuck of
100s of different groups all marching as a show of force, and like the
article you linked to says, there is alot to do before and after.