[sudo-discuss] [sudo-info] Makerspace for Oakland Park and Rec

Rick Abruzzo rick at ricksemail.org
Tue Jan 17 19:38:35 PST 2017

Hey Sudoroom

I want to clarify a note that came to me off-list from a member, with the concern that this would have overlapping mission with Sudoroom. This is not being envisioned as another private open-to-the-public adult hakerspace member club in the sense of your space or Noisebridge.

The purpose of the space is to supplement and enrich the already existing Mosswood children's after school programs for families in the neighborhood. This space will be for workshops, classes and education curriculum, for all who want it. Its about bringing those skills to disadvantaged youth that might otherwise never be exposed to a Raspberry Pi or a Makerbot. Its nursery for tomorrow's geeks, nerds, hackers, programmers and rulers of the known universe.

If you have any questions about vision or goals, I'm happy to discuss it.

--

FIGMENT Oakland: oakland.figmentproject.org

Oakland Awesome Foundation: awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/oakland/

Dancehall of Beautiful Radiant Things: dancehallofbeautifulradiantthings.com

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Portfolio