[sudo-discuss] TV white spaces technology?

Valent Turkovic valent at otvorenamreza.org
Mon Jan 30 06:23:36 PST 2017

Hi,
is anyone tracking how are things developing regarding TV white spaces
technology [1] in US and EU?
Microsoft has been doing some pilots [2] in Africa and Ofcom in UK
[3], and there is a interesting study [4].

But I don't see if it is actually possible to buy any 2nd or 3rf gen
devices either in US or EU. If anyone has some links please share
them.

What is the current legal situation, will tv white spaces spectrum be
free to use, ie ISM or not? I have seen some discussions at the end od
2015regarding making tv white spaces ISM but nothing since then.

I was trying to find some up to date information for EU and tv white
space technology, but came short. If anyone is tracking this please
share any info you have.

Thanks,
Valent.

[1] http://www.techrepublic.com/article/white-space-the-next-internet-disruption-10-things-to-know/