[sudo-discuss] wiping sudo computer

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Jul 3 14:53:43 PDT 2017

>> I think we should definitely shoot to clear that physical desk and
>> make it a functional 3D printing station.  it's a big deal that the
>> filament spools are above it, so that's where 3D printing should
>> happen.
>>
>> can we agree to prioritize use of that desk for that computer plus 3D
>> printing?
>
> Sounds good to me, but if that's the plan, let's make a sign to that
> effect so everyone will know without having necessarily been party to
> this conversation.
>
> I assume the idea is that it's fine for general use, but if someone
> wants to do 3D printing, they should get priority?

while i agree that this is ideal, in cases when someone can find a different
computer to use for general purposes and a person wanting to 3D print could
not, I don't think we need to make rules about it quite yet, since people are
generally so reasonable that it shouldn't be an issue I hope.

Although I agree that a sign would be a good idea.  But I think the most
important part of this plan is to get the 3D printer (and software on that
computer) working reliably and get people using it, which will take vigilance
for a while until more people start coming in and fighting 3D printer entropy.

Also we need to keep from clutting that desk with stuff that doesn't relate to
3D printing :)

I know Yar was keeping the 3D printing fire alive for a long time, i would love
to attract her back to this.

-jake