[sudo-discuss] Door card access temporarily broken

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Jun 3 13:50:52 PDT 2017

in order to get the system to work, you really need to do a power cycle of the
whole system.  If you don't do it exactly this way, it won't work, even back
when the system was fine:

open the big cabinet door with the battery and beaglebone and voip box in it,
locate the two-USB power socket (a car cigarette lighter USB charge socket
wired to the battery) and you'll see that it has TWO USB-A plugs in it.

unplug BOTH USB-A cables from the round USB socket thing, wait at least ten
seconds, and then plug them both back in.  One powers the beaglebone, the other
powers the powered USB hub.

If you don't do it this way, the card reader and beaglebone won't talk to each
other :(

and that's assuming that everything is fine hardware-wise.

-jake