[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Door card access temporarily broken

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 14:47:17 PDT 2017

A quick note: there is a network cable that comes from the top of the
ceiling above the door (as I recall its blue and its rolled up) that is not
terminated but the other end it's plugged into the switch at the second
floor.

It you want, it can  be used for the door,  it seems more reliable and
safer than the current network cable setup in use. The current setup goes
to the floor and plugs into an small switch that often folks
accidentally disconnect.

Thx!

On Saturday, June 3, 2017, robb <sf99er at gmail.com> wrote:

> Still not working though
> On Jun 3, 2017 2:07 PM, "robb" <sf99er at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sf99er at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Unplug/plug usb cables from 12v cig adapter. Done
>> On Jun 3, 2017 1:51 PM, "Jake" <jake at spaz.org
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jake at spaz.org');>> wrote:
>>
>>> in order to get the system to work, you really need to do a power cycle
>>> of the
>>> whole system.  If you don't do it exactly this way, it won't work, even
>>> back
>>> when the system was fine:
>>>
>>> open the big cabinet door with the battery and beaglebone and voip box
>>> in it,
>>> locate the two-USB power socket (a car cigarette lighter USB charge
>>> socket
>>> wired to the battery) and you'll see that it has TWO USB-A plugs in it.
>>>
>>> unplug BOTH USB-A cables from the round USB socket thing, wait at least
>>> ten
>>> seconds, and then plug them both back in.  One powers the beaglebone,
>>> the other
>>> powers the powered USB hub.
>>>
>>> If you don't do it this way, the card reader and beaglebone won't talk
>>> to each
>>> other :(
>>>
>>> and that's assuming that everything is fine hardware-wise.
>>>
>>> -jake
>>>
>>> On Sat, 3 Jun 2017, robb wrote:
>>>
>>> New reader installed. Green light blinks after reading card but lock not

Daniel

Signal: 415.336.9143 <https://whispersystems.org/>

WhatsApp: 415.336.9143 <https://www.whatsapp.com/download/>

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate