[sudo-discuss] Donation + WiFi: "Omni Commons" + Need Help

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 00:19:41 PDT 2017

Hello Folks,

RE: Donation + WiFi: "Omni Commons" + Need Help

*RECEIVED DONATION*
Just wanted to share with you the good news that we have received a
donation of PoE Switches, a WiFi Controller, and WiFi Access Points (APs).
In short, these items can re-strength our internal wired and wireless
network around the building, if we install enough of them. And we have
received enough of them to do this job well done.

*INSTALLATION STARTED ALREADY:*
It's been a few weeks now that the installation of these devices started,
and in fact perhaps some of you may have already started using that new
WiFi.
The* WiFi SSID* that these APs are broadcasting is: *"Omni Commons"*.
The already installed APs are broadcasting from the following locations:
1- at the 48 and Shattuck entrance hall lower ceiling
2- at the second floor above the public computers
3- at the far south ballroom corner (we need one more at the ballroom)
4- at the Sudoroom area.

*NEED HELP TO CONTINUE INSTALLATION:*
Even thought I have received some help during these past few weeks (Eve,
Robb, Marc), I am reaching out today for a more solid help.
What do I mean with this: well, instead of me grabbing folks at the
building to help me here and there, I would like to set time and date with
someone that will come to the Omni specifically to work on this project
with me, and not me taken the person away from other projects. :)

*EXPERIENCE NO REQUIRED:*
The work that is left to do is basically to run cables, terminate the
cables, install and test the Access Points.
This work is easy, and if you are interested helping don't know anything
about it, you pretty much will learn as we go.
I am afraid of heights and many of the pending installs will require
climbing a ladder. :)

*WHEN?:*
I am mostly doing this work on Saturdays.

Anyway, I don't want to make this email too long that folks may not even
read it all. But, if you are interested, please, let me know!

Thanks!

--
Daniel

Signal: 415.336.9143 <https://whispersystems.org/>

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate