[sudo-discuss] [Mesh] Help archive free UC Berkeley lectures!

Yardena Cohen yardenack at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 20:47:15 PST 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 4:18 AM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:
> They are all going away March 15th:
>
> http://webcast.berkeley.edu/
>
> Here is their post about it:
>
> http://news.berkeley.edu/2017/03/01/course-capture/

What a terrible decision! Taking thousands of videos off their youtube
channel... because of accessibility?? That is complete nonsense.

I was so hopeful when schools started to put out opencourseware
videos. I learned so much watching them over the years. Now I am
feeling more pessimistic than ever. If UC not only gives up on open
courses, but go out of their way to delete them from the internet,
this will discourage every other school from bothering.