[sudo-discuss] I thought you would be interested about...

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 01:07:39 PST 2017

Hello Folks,

I thought that many of you may be interested about this new book:
*When Riot Cops Are Not Enough: The Policing and Repression of Occupy
Oakland.*

[image: Inline image 1]

*Contents:*

*Chapter 1:*  The Commune by the Bay: The Origins of Occupy Oakland

*Chapter 2:*  From Permits to Storm Troopers: Repression, Social Control,
and the Governmentality of Protest

*Chapter 3:*  The Oakland Commune, Police Violence and Political Opportunity

*Chapter 4:*  Legitimating Repression Through Depoliticizing It: Federal
Coordination, “Health and Safety” & the November 2011 Occupy Evictions

*Chapter 5:*  Putting the Occupy Oakland Vigil to Sleep: Anti-Gang
Techniques & the Oakland Police Department’s State of Exception

*Chapter 6:*  The Meshing of Force and Legitimacy in the Repression of
Occupy Oakland’s   Move-In Day

*Chapter 7:*  Poison in the Garden: A Spring of Seeds that Never Grew

*Chapter 8:*  Beyond Control: Fostering Legitimate Counter-Conduct

You can buy here:
https://www.rutgersuniversitypress.org/when-riot-cops-are-not-enough/9780813583730

Many thanks in advance for supporting writers like Mike King that are brave
to speak up for the rest of us.

Daniel

Signal: 415.336.9143 <https://whispersystems.org/>

Help open a people-powered common space in Oakland, California!
https://omnicommons.org/donate