[sudo-discuss] wifi is borked

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sat May 20 07:14:00 PDT 2017

And by the way, I am using "Omni Commons", signal that comes from the
Second Floor by the public computers. :)

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 7:07 AM, danarauz at gmail.com <danarauz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The one at Sudoroom, and the one at the Second Floor AP are not routers,
> they are Access Points, more like extenders.
> This means that they don't run any DHCP or DNS resolution themselves. Like
> the Mesh or PON's do.
>
> I am at sudo right now, and as I just mentioned to Morgan (yes we are both
> here this early), we still have the other AP (the one at the second floor)
> plugged into the network. So how come the network is not having issues when
> that AP also ends here at the same switch?
>
> The ONLY thing that comes to mind at this moment is that the new setup may
> be at fault is that the Ruckus Wireless Controller may see the Sudomesh,and
> PeoplesOPen.net, as malicious rogue clients/APs/Routers (or something
> alike) and tries to block them. But I will look into that right now after
> this email.
>
> Anyhow, I also added that would be good to know the source of the issue as
> soon is possible, because if the new setup its an issue, then I should stop
> until that issue is resolved. And if it is not the source of the problem,
> so I can continue without the feeling that I may be annoying folks.
>

> Thanks!
>

> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 3:39 AM, Morgan Allen <morganrallen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I unplugged the Omni Commons routers and it appears to be working better

>> --------------
>> 2017 Hackaday Prize Entry
>> Any Colored Button <https://hackaday.io/project/19880-any-colored-button>
>>
>> Step 1. Press Button
>> Step 2. ***startupy hand waving***
>> Step 3. Profit!
>>
>> Likes = Votes. Votes = $1s. $1s = Profits.
>>
>> Step 2 = Vote for Any Colored Button
>> <https://hackaday.io/project/19880-any-colored-button>.
>>
>> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 3:25 AM, danarauz at gmail.com <danarauz at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> FYI: Changes I made last Saturday:
>>> 1- Install Ruckus WiFi Controller (creating the "Omni Commons" SSID.
>>> 2- install one Ruckus AP
>>> 3- firewall ethernet cables passing through the hp switches, then from
>>> the HP switches to the Dell Switches, as follows:
>>> Top HP Switch to Top Dell Switch;
>>> Bottom HP Switch to Bottom Dell Switch.
>>> 4- Some cables from the Bottom Dell Switch were moved to the Bottom HP
>>> Switch, mostly runs coming from the building. Like the second floor
>>> computers, for example.
>>>
>>> Changes that happened on Thursday night:
>>> 1- Remove the switch located at the second floor, and installed an HP
>>> PoE.
>>> 2- Remove the PON Node that was at the wall, it was disconnected anyways.

--