[sudo-discuss] wifi is borked

danarauz at gmail.com danarauz at gmail.com
Sat May 20 18:58:07 PDT 2017

Hello Folks, here is an update.

UNPLUGGED RUCKUS AP AT SUDOROOM:
Several hours ago, after I sent my previous email, I disabled the Ruckus AP
at Sudoroom (Ommni Commons), so that we can remove it out of the equation,
while the troubleshooting happens. I only left the one in the 2nd floor
running.

HP SWITCHES:
*The HP 2nd Floor and Sudoroom Bottom Switches logs report that every five
minutes the DHCP is "updating" their IP and Subnet masks (I don't know
about the Dell Switches, I have not access to them). The action that I took
was to set the ip helper-address to 100.64.64.1, but this didn't help.  The
switches continued updating IP+Subnet Mask every 5 minutes.

* I also looked at the ports counter at the server room HP bottom switch
(Network 100.64.64.0) and they have high packet drops, specially the
interface 100.64.64.1 with 1.4 Billion Bytes. This switch was factory reset
las weekend, so counters were clean a week ago.

DHCP SERVER:
It seems that Marc is on the right track. Can someone with access to the
DHCP Server-Firewall Ubuntu Server, please, take a look at it?

PON-SudoMesh-Basement NODES:
I noticed that all PON and SudoMesh nodes are blinking faster than the rest
of the connections, and have also have an orange light.
Are we seeing the orange light because the nodes are running on 100Mbits or
because they are having issues? Again, these Nodes plug into the Dell Top
and Bottom switches that I don't have access to. I never thought I would
need to, so I never mentioned. :p

Thanks!