[sudo-discuss] sudoroom BigTV television dead?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Nov 28 21:24:18 PST 2017

On Wed, 29 Nov 2017, aaronco36 wrote:

> Jake previously wrote:
>> it seems that the big TV that's screwed to the balcony
>> has stopped working.  It's plugged into live AC but the
>> power doesn't come on even when i press the power button.
>>
>> i'm guessing that this is because it's dead.  i've tried to fix
>> TVs like this before and it's just too many screws,
>> in addition ty honting down a new transistor or whatever...
>> so it's unlikely to happen.
>

> Am at HHN, and robb just "fixed" that big TV by successfully and completely
> connecting the HDMI cable that was apparently "removed" by someone else. So
> the Hitachi really _wasn't_ dead after all.
>
> Yay robb!

the TV was "fixed" last week after we discovered that it has a second, hidden
power switch which had been switched "off".  At that time the cable was still
there.

tonight it wasn't working because someone had stolen the cable.

when I set up that TV, I screwed the HDMI cable to the furniture specifically
so that nobody would take it, but i guess this is what happens in a hackerspace
where everyone has root.

-jake